Types of Health Insurance

Major Medical: With this plan, you would be the insurance would cover bills and you would be responsible for the remaining 20%. You have the freedom to go to any hospital or doctor’s office for treatment, pay the bill yourself to the care provider, and then be reimbursed for 80% of it by the insurance company. Or you have the option to sign a release instructing the insurance company to pay the care provider the 80% directly and then you would pay the remaining 20%.


An HMO, Health Maintenance Organization is a type of insurance that focuses mainly on long-term care and would generally be less expensive. Costs are kept down by limiting the choices of physicians only within a network and not covering unnecessary services. Each patient would have a primary physician and they would coordinate care if it was required.


A PPO, a Preferred Provider Organization works in a similar way to an HMO where there is a network of physicians, however, the insured is not limited to this network and can see any doctor they choose. In the instance of seeing a network doctor, co-payments and deductibles will be higher, if the charges are higher than that of an in-network doctor the additional cost would be at the cost of the insured as the insurance company will still only pay in-network charges.


A POS, Point of Service, is considered a combination of a PPO and an HMO. The insured will choose their primary physician and all care should start with consulting this physician. The physician will refer the insured to a specialist in or out of the network. If the insured chooses to see a specialist without the referral of their primary physician the insurance company can and may refuse to pay for treatment or services.

Related Posts

Popular Binary Options

Foreign Exchange or the Highly Popular Binary Options

It is sometimes difficult to bear what happens online as though it still may seem rather progress in any typical direction. For once, there is something worth…

What is Mini-Med Health Insurance

What is Mini-Med Health Insurance

If you read it quickly enough, you would think that it is referring to the miniature doppelganger of Dr. Evil in the action-comedy-satire franchise Austin Powers. And…

Term Life Insurance

Common Mistakes To Avoid When Purchasing Term Life Insurance

When purchasing term life insurance, there are several factors to consider. Consumers should make certain they understand the concept of term life insurance and make purchases accordingly….

Term life Insurance

What is Term life Insurance? How do I Benefit?

First what is term life insurance? Life insurance is a contract between a life insurance company and a policyholder that states if premiums are paid over a…

7 Myths of Buying a Home Realtors Want You to Believe

7 Myths of Buying a Home Realtors Want You to Believe

When buying a home, you want to be sure you’re making decisions that will help you find your dream home! Finding the perfect home in Del Mar…

Renters Insurance For High Value

Renters Insurance For High Value

This analysis is composed for our readers who have a fundamental acquaintance with the high home insurance topic. For this kind of people, the lofty essay of…